Thanks to Erin Ledbetter, who has allowed me to publish a few photos she took during last night’s listening party for Rahim Quazi‘s latest CD, Ghost Hunting. There were a few photos that I selected not to publish because it would reveal the highly top secret identity of The Ghost. Besides, this keeps the focus exactly where it should be: on the highly talented singer-songwriter Mr. Quazi.
Rahim Quazi CD Listening Party at Good Records by Erin Ledbetter
- Monday Mixteen: 1/21/19 — To celebrate the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday today, I felt it should be something that was incorporated in today’s Monday Mixteen. The Ghost’s first instinct was to do another acrostic playlist, with the song titles spelling out his name (minus the Jr. part). While I kept with that theme, I felt it was not [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 7/2/18 — You know, it’s been awhile since The Ghost put on a show. The 11 year anniversary of the blog is coming soon, and The Ghost “might” make a concert announcement tomorrow. To get you hyped for the announcement, I have curated a playlist featuring sixteen acts that have previously performed as part of Ghost of [...]
- Sunday Spotify 16: Christmas 2016 — As we speak, Santa is probably en route through America, giving toys to all the good boys and girls across the land. Mr. Claus is really good at delivering goods with his reindeer and elf friends, but he’s not much of a playlist maker. So while Santa is doing his thing, The Ghost will continue [...]
- Sunday Spotify 16: 6/12/16 — Last night, I had nearly completed my list of songs that would make up today’s Spotify Sixteen. As usual, I had planned a mix of current songs, discussion on upcoming events, and the like to discuss. I went to bed, ready to finalize this playlist upon waking up in the morning. Then I woke up [...]
- Sunday Spotify Sixteen: 6/5/2016 — Last week, the nominees for the Fort Worth Weekly Music Awards were announced, and it serves as a reminder that Dallas’ sister city is awash in talent too. Many of these artists are regulars on my playlist, whereas some of these acts were new (and pleasant) discoveries to me. I must note that there are [...]