Thanks to Erin Ledbetter, who has allowed me to publish a few photos she took during last night’s listening party for Rahim Quazi‘s latest CD, Ghost Hunting. There were a few photos that I selected not to publish because it would reveal the highly top secret identity of The Ghost. Besides, this keeps the focus exactly where it should be: on the highly talented singer-songwriter Mr. Quazi.
Rahim Quazi CD Listening Party at Good Records by Erin Ledbetter
- Sunday Spotify 16: Christmas 2016 — As we speak, Santa is probably en route through America, giving toys to all the good boys and girls across the land. Mr. Claus is really good at delivering goods with his reindeer and elf friends, but he’s not much of a playlist maker. So while Santa is doing his thing, The Ghost will continue [...]
- Sunday Spotify 16: 6/12/16 — Last night, I had nearly completed my list of songs that would make up today’s Spotify Sixteen. As usual, I had planned a mix of current songs, discussion on upcoming events, and the like to discuss. I went to bed, ready to finalize this playlist upon waking up in the morning. Then I woke up [...]
- Sunday Spotify Sixteen: 6/5/2016 — Last week, the nominees for the Fort Worth Weekly Music Awards were announced, and it serves as a reminder that Dallas’ sister city is awash in talent too. Many of these artists are regulars on my playlist, whereas some of these acts were new (and pleasant) discoveries to me. I must note that there are [...]
- Sunday Spotify Sixteen: Mother’... — I’m doing something I very rarely do. I’m letting another person take the reins of today’s Sunday Spotify Sixteen. This playlist was carefully curated by a person who means the world to me. A person who has been there for me through the thick and thin, and I know will always continue to be there [...]
- Sunday Spotify Sixteen Squared: 4/10/... — So, I had this genius idea. I wanted to do sixteen of my Sunday Spotify Sixteen playlist in one day. Each playlist would encompass one year of the 21st century, ranging from 2001 to the unfinished year of 2016. And for the record, the year 2000 is still part of the 20th century. But, I [...]