Greetings once again, GOBL readers. I apologize for the lack of posts lately. An illness has kept me down for a little bit, but I’m happy to say that I’m recovering, and want to thank all the well wishers, friends, and the like. It’s nice to be back to my old local music loving self, so I figured a new Sunday playlist is long overdue.
Now that we’re almost finished with the second month of 2016, I selected only songs released this year for this week’s playlist. I must say that I’m surprised by how relatively few selections I had to choose from. Some releases haven’t been put on Spotify yet, so I don’t know if there’s a trend towards not putting music on Spotify. Or maybe there’s some really good Texas music on Spotify that’s been released this year without my knowledge. Please, keep The Ghost in the loop by choosing to “Talk to the Ghost”. I’ll admit I’m a bit behind on responding to emails, but intend to start catching up in the upcoming weeks.
In the meantime, enjoy these sixteen solid songs from 2016!
- Missing Sibling, “Mary’s Rashers”
- Pentacon Six, “Capture You”
- Emily Wells, “You Dream of China”
- Monoculture, “Guadalupe & 4th”
- Giant Kitty, “Fascinator”
- Mountain Kid, “Monotony”
- Reagan James, “Breaking the Bank”
- The Ramonalisas, “Teleconnect”
- War Party, “Chinese Handcuffs”
- Calliope Musicals, “Echo of the Woos”
- The Roomsounds, “Elm St.”
- Pleasant Grove, “The Pessimist Clique”
- The Suffers, “Peanuts”
- Repel the Robot, “Cold War Kid”
- Militant Babies, “Where Did You Go?”
- Bronco Simmons, “Away She Goes”