- Birds of Night, “Dark”
- The Cover Letter, “Her Eyes, the Ocean”
- Cut Throat Finches, “Boundaries”
You should know the deal by now, but in case you don’t, here’s a summary. August 27th. Double-Wide. Ghost of Blind Lemon Birthday Bash. Birds of Night. The Cover Letter. Cut Throat Finches. The Heavy Hands. Hosted by Veronica Young (Hungover With V). $2 Lone Star. $5 Crown. Party. Hard.
- Matthew Gray, “Firelit”
After releasing his EP This Is What I’ve Learned About Losing, Mr. Gray will be dropping a full length album this fall. The name of the album will be The Anti-Soul Singer, and this is the first track to be released from the album. I think we can agree this is not a soul song, even if Mr. Gray apparently put his heart and soul into the track.
- Party Static, “Tricky”
It’s about time that the band posted their new EP, Wasted Water, on Spotify. Now I can start sharing all sorts of cool tracks from the EP, like this one.
- Tablet, “Derailed”
Fun fact: The Ghost shares a birthday with Steven Holt of Tablet.
- Signals and Alibis, “The New Again”
So, Rebecca and Brian, about holding your S&A CD release show the same night as The Ghost’s birthday bash? Uncool. Totally uncool.
- Jacob Furr, “Estacado (Live)”
Several months ago, I had the privilege of hearing Mr. Furr’s album, Sierra Madre, in full. It’s been a great honor, but I feel it’s time that Jacob share the album with the masses. Not doing so is arguably a crime against humanity. Yeah, it’s THAT good.
- NeonNoah, “Dreaming With the Lights On”
Between “Atlas” and this new track, NeonNoah are poised to be one of the best pop bands in the area.
- (monkeysphere), “Black Hole Dream”
If you need a show for Friday night, (monkeysphere) will be at Sundown at Granada. And it’s a free show. Yay, free!
- Reagan James, “Breaking the Bank”
There’s a singer I’ll sometimes hear on Top 40 radio that sorta sounds like Reagan James. It’s a decent enough pop tune and all, but it’s nowhere near the caliber of any of Ms. James’ songs. Honestly, I do not know why her album Have a Nice Day hasn’t caught fire. Tracks like “Breaking the Bank” are sophisticated, sharp, sultry, and just downright awesome.
- Blue Healer, “Only the Rain”
Some songs are hard to fully articulate how powerful they area. This Blue Healer song definitely fits the bill.
- Rei Clone, “Ready to Die”
If you aren’t cranking this track up to 11, you’re doing it wrong.
- Charley Crockett, “Baby 1-2-3”
I realized I haven’t added a track of Crockett’s on my playlist in awhile. I askled myself why I hadn’t, and I couldn’t come up with a good reason. So here’s some Charley Crockett for you. You’re welcome.
- The Feels (Feat. Slooom), “Dominator”
If you’re needing to start a dance party, play this song. Party started.
- Pleasant Grove, “Commander Whatever”
Finally, if you’re needing a Sunday night show, head over to Twilite Lounge to see Pleasant Grove. It’s Marcus Striplin’s birthday show, and good times are sure to be had!
Sunday Spotify 16: 8/21/16
- Monday Mixteen: 3/11/19 — A funny thing happened on the way to making last week’s Monday Mixteen. WordPress would not allow me to log in to update. Even once that issue was resolved, several previously published articles disappeared. Bah humbug. The plan was to make last week’s Monday Mixteen a tribute to Three Links’ anniversary weekend, and to promote [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 1/21/19 — To celebrate the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday today, I felt it should be something that was incorporated in today’s Monday Mixteen. The Ghost’s first instinct was to do another acrostic playlist, with the song titles spelling out his name (minus the Jr. part). While I kept with that theme, I felt it was not [...]
- The Ghost’s Top 101 of 2018: #5... — Now that we’ve made it into the Top 50, I suppose The Ghost should add a little commentary for each track. Fine, I can do that, especially since I only have to do that for ten songs. Yes, it’s an unusually short playlist today. That’s because I’ve saved the remaining Top 40 for Sunday afternoon. [...]
- The Ghost’s Top 101 of 2018: #7... — Another day, another reveal of countdown songs. Yesterday, you saw #101-71. #70 is something of a rebel. It’s one of one two songs in the countdown that is currently unavailable on Spotify. You can take that up with Starside R&D on January 5, when they perform at Double-Wide along with Kid Fight and Sandovall. So [...]
- The Ghost’s Top 101 of 2018: #1... — Now that Christmas is over, and you have time to kill until New Year’s Eve, this seems the perfect time to begin The Ghost’s Year End Countdown. For the next three days, I will be highlighting songs that were among the best and most defining tracks for me in 2018. Today, we start at #101, [...]