There will not be a Ten for Your Attention This Tuesday, but I did not want to miss this opportunity to debut a new song. Denton singer-songwriter Richard Gilbert is letting me share with you a new track, “To Live This Life Again”. It’s from his forthcoming EP, Daybreak. For those unfamiliar with Mr. Gilbert, his instrumentation on most of his tracks is very minimalist, and “To Live This Life Again” is no exception. This works in his favor, as it draws the listener’s ear in on his skilled lyric writing. Add Mr. Gilbert’s expressive vocal style to the mix, and you’ve got strong storytelling set to a beautiful melody.
New Music: Richard Gilbert, “To Live This Life Again”
- Monday Mixteen: 7/16/18 — There’s a lot that The Ghost doesn’t like about the summer: the heat, the wasps, the heat… did I mention I don’t like the heat? One part of summer that The Ghost does like, however, is Free Week at Granada Theater. For the course of about four days, the venue will host great local and [...]
- GOBL Radio: June 2018 Highlights — You kids today have it so easy. You got your podcasts that you can listen to at whatever moment your heart desires. When I was your age, we only had radio shows, and if you didn’t listen to it when it came on, you’d miss it forever. Oh, and we had to walk uphill for [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 2/12/18 — The Ghost has been rather busy with Directing the Programming at Deep Ellum Radio. As a result, the blog has been a bit neglected. So today, to “celebrate” Valentine’s Day, I am bringing back the Monday Mixteen. I put the word celebrate in quotes because anyone who knows me realizes that I don’t celebrate that [...]
- Monday Mixteen: New Year’s Day,... — 2017 was a crazy roller coaster ride of a year for The Ghost. I went the first two and a half months of the year without a peep of the blog due to life stresses. After that, posts were sporadic as best. In fact, The Ghost came close to taking an “indefinite hiatus” from the [...]
- Ten for Your Attention: 3/8/16 — Another Tuesday, another ten songs for your attention. Since the 35 Denton Festival begins Friday, it only seems appropriate that we begin the list with one of the many performers. Austin based songstress Alesia Lani is the first on the list with her latest single “Love You.” Her soulful pop style is quite enjoyable to [...]