So, it’s been awhile since The Ghost has compiled a Monday Mixteen playlist. Truth is, most of my musical creative energy goes towards my radio show. If by some miracle you’re not familiar with the show, here’s what you need to know: it airs Wednesday night 7-9 PM CST on Deep Ellum Radio.
Still, I felt this would be a good time to do a Monday Mixteen. For one thing, now that March is past, that means that the first quarter of the year is complete. It seemed a good time to review the music released during that period. Instead of simply highlighting the songs I’ve played the most on the radio show, The Ghost decided to shine a light on some tracks that haven’t gotten played on my show as of yet.
Why have these tracks not been played? There are a multitude of possible reasons. In some cases, I’ve been featuring other tracks by these artists on my show. Also, since the show leans heavier on local tracks as opposed to Texas tracks outside the metroplex, there are fewer opportunities to spotlight such acts. Finally, in some cases, the only reason I’m not playing these songs is that I don’t have the mp3’s to play on Ghost of Blind Lemon Radio. If that’s the case, the remedy is as simple as sending an email to email@example.com to submit your music. Whatever the reason these songs have not made it to the airwaves, I hope you find these tracks pleasing to your ears.
- Leon Bridges, “Bad Bad News”
- Sleepy Zuhoski, “Daydream”
- Remy Reilly, “Virus”
- Mountain Natives, “Presence/Rivers”
- Jessie Frye, “Why So Serious? (It’s Just Love)”
- The Lagoons, “Close My Eyes (And I Just Wonder)”
- Darkes & Charlies, “Mica in a Chair”
- Hey Cowboy!, “Cowgirl”
- The Suffers, “Do Whatever”
- Charley Crockett, “Lil’ Girls Name”
- Rosegarden Funeral Party, “Ill and Getting Worse”
- Ari Roar, “Implode”
- 88 Killa, “No Games”
- Northern National, “Now You Know”
- Jenna Clark, “Graceless”
- Ducado Vega and Zenya Vi, “The Knock”