Working with Deep Ellum Radio is slowly expanding my musical knowledge of what lies beyond the Texas borders. One recent discovery that I’ve enjoyed is Timecop1983, whose sounds evoke the best parts of 80’s synth-pop (one of my favorite eras of music). You can only imagine how excited The Ghost was to learn that Jessie Frye would be collaborating with Timecop1983 for her new single. “Faded Memory” is a sultry and catchy track with a killer beat. The marriage of Timecop1983’s beats and synth riffs with Frye’s sensual vocals makes for near pop music perfection. The video is quite striking as well, with Jessie dancing and moving through the streets of Fort Worth. The cinematography, courtesy of Cameron J. Smith, captures the beauty of both Ms. Frye and the city surrounding her. Simply put, the song and video for “Faded Memory” are perfect candy for the ears and eyes respectively.
New Music: Jessie Frye, “Faded Memory”
Photo by: Vincent Monsaint
- Monday Megamixteen: 9/24/18 — You might have heard that this year’s Ghosty nominations are up and ready to be voted upon. You may cast one vote per day until voting ends on Sunday, November 18th at 11:59 CST. The awards ceremony will take place Wednesday, November 21st. More details on that to come soon. Right now, let’s take a [...]
- GOBL Radio: July 2018 Highlights — The Ghost only had three radio shows in July. Hey, this year, the Fourth of July fell on a Wednesday, so I took the day off. I still managed to come up with 22 songs worth highlighting from this month. And while this playlist gives you a nice taste of what my show sounds like, [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 4/2/18 — So, it’s been awhile since The Ghost has compiled a Monday Mixteen playlist. Truth is, most of my musical creative energy goes towards my radio show. If by some miracle you’re not familiar with the show, here’s what you need to know: it airs Wednesday night 7-9 PM CST on Deep Ellum Radio. Still, I [...]
- The Top 101 Songs of 2017: #50-41 — So, we have now arrived at the Top 50. And yes, each song gets a little bit awesomer. No, that’s not a word, and The Ghost don’t care. This is exciting stuff, ya know? Imma shut up now and share some songs, K? David Ramirez, “I’m Not Going Anywhere” This is the kind of song [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 10/2/17 — Back in my youth, Bryan Adams recorded a song called “Kids Wanna Rock.” Question the messenger if you will, but Mr. Adams certainly understood the youth of that time period. The Ghost has noticed that, lately, many of the kids could not care less about rocking out. It seems these young whippersnappers would rather dance [...]