Working with Deep Ellum Radio is slowly expanding my musical knowledge of what lies beyond the Texas borders. One recent discovery that I’ve enjoyed is Timecop1983, whose sounds evoke the best parts of 80’s synth-pop (one of my favorite eras of music). You can only imagine how excited The Ghost was to learn that Jessie Frye would be collaborating with Timecop1983 for her new single. “Faded Memory” is a sultry and catchy track with a killer beat. The marriage of Timecop1983’s beats and synth riffs with Frye’s sensual vocals makes for near pop music perfection. The video is quite striking as well, with Jessie dancing and moving through the streets of Fort Worth. The cinematography, courtesy of Cameron J. Smith, captures the beauty of both Ms. Frye and the city surrounding her. Simply put, the song and video for “Faded Memory” are perfect candy for the ears and eyes respectively.
New Music: Jessie Frye, “Faded Memory”
Photo by: Vincent Monsaint
- Monday Mixteen: 2/18/19 — A funny thing happened this week. I’m not referring to the fact that I posted two articles this week, though that has been quite atypical of my output as of late. It’s more what I rediscovered in the process of completing those posts. The truth is, I really love writing about artists. I’m not just [...]
- The Ghost’s Top 101 of 2018: #1... — Now that Christmas is over, and you have time to kill until New Year’s Eve, this seems the perfect time to begin The Ghost’s Year End Countdown. For the next three days, I will be highlighting songs that were among the best and most defining tracks for me in 2018. Today, we start at #101, [...]
- Monday Megamixteen: 9/24/18 — You might have heard that this year’s Ghosty nominations are up and ready to be voted upon. You may cast one vote per day until voting ends on Sunday, November 18th at 11:59 CST. The awards ceremony will take place Wednesday, November 21st. More details on that to come soon. Right now, let’s take a [...]
- GOBL Radio: July 2018 Highlights — The Ghost only had three radio shows in July. Hey, this year, the Fourth of July fell on a Wednesday, so I took the day off. I still managed to come up with 22 songs worth highlighting from this month. And while this playlist gives you a nice taste of what my show sounds like, [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 4/2/18 — So, it’s been awhile since The Ghost has compiled a Monday Mixteen playlist. Truth is, most of my musical creative energy goes towards my radio show. If by some miracle you’re not familiar with the show, here’s what you need to know: it airs Wednesday night 7-9 PM CST on Deep Ellum Radio. Still, I [...]