The theme for today’s Monday Mixteen is pretty straight forward: all sixteen tracks, as of the time of the publication of this playlist, have less than 1,000 streams. Not only that, none of these artists have a song with over 1,000 streams.
This time, however, I have a measurable goal for the playlist. By next Monday, I want every song on here to have over 1,000 streams. That’s right. Every. Last. Song.
Is it going to be hard to make this happen? Probably. Is The Ghost aiming for an over the top goal? Almost certainly. Truth is, though, that most good things in life are difficult at best, and an uphill battle at worst. It will take you, the GOBL readers, not only listening to this Monday Mixteen, but spreading the word to your friends. If this goal is met, it will show the power that the local music community can possess.
That only leaves one more question: who’s with me?
- Hightower, “Fine Line”
- End of Orbit, “Love Rush”
- Ryker Hall, “Placeholder”
- Levees, “The King of Lean Cuisine”
- Deep Red, “Save the World”
- Astrogiirl, “Odd Penguin”
- Trees Marie & The Heavy Hearts, “Wild as the Wind”
- Caitlin Kelly King, “Like I Died”
- The 40 Acre Mule, “Bathroom Walls”
- Winesburg, “Cathedrals”
- Helium Queens, “Spirits of Ingenii”
- Dead Beat Poetry, “It’s All Been Done Before”
- Phantomelo, “Gum Love”
- Robert LaRoche, “Drawn to You”
- Crooked Bones, “Firefly Lights”
- Rebecca Jozwiak, “With You Around”