This past Saturday, former President Obama was the commencement speaker, so to speak, for the graduating Class of 2020. It is certainly unorthodox to have a former President give a commencement speech to a nation of graduates. These times, however, have been anything but orthodox.
So, continuing in that unorthodox vain, why not do a Monday Mixteen honoring this year’s graduates? It’s another acrostic playlist, with my not-so-hidden message.
One other twist with this playlist: all the songs shared here were released within the school calendar year. The Ghost will continue this theme on this week’s radio show, airing Wednesday night 7-9 PM CST on Deep Ellum Radio. In the meantime, enjoy these sixteen songs from this year’s metaphorical graduating class of GOBL music.
- “When You Say My Name”, Rania Khoury
- “Ain’t Nothin’ New”, The Texas Gentlemen
- “You Are Freaking Out”, Clifffs
- “Trophy Wife”, Charlie J Memphis
- “One Way Street”, D and Chi
- “Gone”, Van Darien
- “Overcast and Under the Clouds”, Relick
- “Golden Hour”, The Belle Sounds
- “Reading Your Mind”, Nick Snyder & The Real Deal
- “Assassins”, Salim Nourallah
- “Detective Farmer Brown”, Hey Cowboy!
- “Underground Forever”, Jonathan Tyler
- “Another Sunrise”, Megan Storie
- “These Days”, Penny and Dime
- “East Texas Speed”, Ryker Hall
- “Slow Down”, Ley Line