It’s been a little over a year since America learned of its first COVID death. The following year has been hard for pretty much everyone on both a personal and financial note. Some industries, however, have found their livelihoods more impacted by the pandemic than others. Those in the music and artistic communities have been among those most heavily hit. In the ever evolving music industry, much of a musician’s profits come not from records sales or even streaming, but from their live performances. To have that source of revenue for musicians taken away has taken its toll.
One factor that has helped some musicians is Bandcamp Fridays. The first Friday of each month, the website takes no fees out of sales for the whole 24 hours that day (hours based on Pacific Standard Time). So if there are any albums, mp3’s, or any other merch you’ve wanted off of Bandcamp, this Friday would be the day to purchase it.
If you’re not sure of what albums are worth spending the money on, then let The Ghost help you. Today’s Monday Mixteen features sixteen solid musical recommendations for purchases. I’ve even attached hyperlinks to each artist’s Bandcamp page. It is of course by no means a comprehensive list, but it certainly offers sixteen good places to begin your shopping spree.
- Edgar Derby, “Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott/If It Ain’t Broke”
- Sevit, “If Now and When”
- Ila Minori, “Blackstar”
- The Chance Encounters, “Lost Time”
- Polystarra, “Secret”
- Field Division, “Manifest”
- Deer Fellow, “If You Don’t Lie”
- Andrew Delaney, “Napoleon (3,000 Measly Dollars)”
- Aztec Milk Temple, “Milk”
- Bree & The Fellas, “Closure”
- Bomethius, “Traffic”
- MATTIE (ft. Black Taffy), “Human Thing”
- The 40 Acre Mule, “Dear Jen”
- Cut Throat Finches, “Boundaries”
- Def Rain, “June”
- The Belle Sounds (ft. Ray Prim), “Stay Alive”