Thanks to Erin Ledbetter, who has allowed me to publish a few photos she took during last night’s listening party for Rahim Quazi‘s latest CD, Ghost Hunting. There were a few photos that I selected not to publish because it would reveal the highly top secret identity of The Ghost. Besides, this keeps the focus exactly where it should be: on the highly talented singer-songwriter Mr. Quazi.
Rahim Quazi CD Listening Party at Good Records by Erin Ledbetter
- Monday Mixteen Takeover by Coffeebrea... — So, this isn’t The Ghost. This is the head barista from Coffeebreak Cafe, a new show on Deep Ellum Radio. I found The Ghost’s password laying around, so I decided to take this opportunity to promote my radio show. I’m sure some might say that this is “hacking into a website without permission”, but I [...]
- Special Playlist: Emmeline’s Bi... — Birthdays aren’t the same right now. There are no big celebrations, no nights on the town (unless you’re just cruising), and you’ll have to blow out the candles by yourself. As a result, we have to be a little more creative as to how we help our friends celebrate this special day. One of my [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 8/19/19 — Last week, I announced on Facebook that I would be taking a break from recording episodes of Ghost of Blind Lemon Radio. As the station’s Program Director, I want to help in developing some new shows. I also want to spend more time contributing to the blog. New episodes of the radio show will return [...]
- Monday Mixteen: 7/29/19 — This Thursday will mark the twelve year anniversary of the blog, and with that anniversary comes twelve years of the second identity I took on: The Ghost. I certainly chose the name Ghost of Blind Lemon in part as a tribute to Dallas’ first major blues musician to take residence here, Blind Lemon Jefferson. But [...]
- The Ghostified Gathering — For a week or so, Festify was all the rage on social media. It was an app that created fictitious festival lineups based on one’s Spotify listening habits. One could create a lineup based on the most listened to artists over the course of a month, six months, or one’s entire time on Spotify. The [...]